Currently Listening: Alligator by The National
I guess I should first try to acknowledge some of my cooking methods.
- I love tomato sauce. And oats.
- For my own recipes, I usually don’t include measurements because I don’t have any. Go with the flowwwww
- More to come as I discover patterns in my cooking?
I’ve made way too much food the past week.
Currently Concocting (pictures to come, hopefully)
1. Pasta… with lots of stuff.
Cook whole wheat pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, saute garlic and onions. Add mini portobello mushrooms. Add cherry tomatoes, chopped spinach, italian seasoning, and a little tomato sauce (I usually use Classico brand because it has less sodium, fat, and sugar than other brands) to keep everything from sticking. Crumble firm tofu into mixture, combine. Serve over pasta, top with more tomato sauce, and sprinkle with nutritional yeast if desired.
Drain and rinse one can of garbanzo beans. Juice one lemon. Peel two cloves of garlic. Puree all in food processor until smooth. Serve with carrots/whatever.
3. Sweet Potato Spread/Dip/Whatever (inspired by Prince Street Cafe‘s “Hearty Ham and Yam” Sandwich)
Peel two sweet potatoes (yams). Pierce with a knife a few times, microwave for 8 minutes or until soft. Puree in food processor with cinnamon until smooth. Mix in raisins. Serve on toast/whatever.
4. Sunflower Seed Pate (based on a recipe from my aunt)
Soak a little more than 2/3 c. raw sunflower seeds in water for at least 4 hours, drain and put in food processor. Add 1/2 c. kalamata olives, juice of one lemon (2 T.) 1-2 cloves garlic, 1 t. each of oregano and basil, 1/2 t. lemon thyme, 2 T. olive oil. Puree until semi-smooth. Serve with crackers/carrots/whatever.
5. Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes (based on this recipe)
Combine 1 1/2 c. rolled oats, 1/2 c. whole wheat flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon. Add 1 1/4-1/2 c. almond milk. Add lots of blueberries, combine. Cook, serve with maple syrup or almond butter and jam!
- Homemade Vegan Tofu Yogurt
- Greek Quinoa Salad (some combination of this recipe and this recipe)
- Blueberry Oat Bars – fruit and oats, my fave.
- Cookie Dough Hummus (?!?! yeah, have to try this)
- Granola – I’ve been meaning to make some variation of this for a reallllly long time now… will probably alter in some way
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie – want to use up the canned pumpkin from pre-Thanksgiving!
- Vegan Feta Cheese – for the Greek Quinoa Salad, of course
And here’s a musical snack!